COVID-19 Next Steps: May Guidelines and Return-to-Work
May 7, 2020
Dear PeakMed Member:
First, we want to thank our members for their support and dedication. Because of you, we were able to keep our doors open. Your membership investment supports 50 skilled healthcare professionals who serve hundreds of local employers, thousands of employees, individuals, and families in Colorado Springs, Denver, and surrounding communities. Since the start of the pandemic, our staff has provided essential primary care to our members without closing a clinic, changing our hours, or laying any staff off. We plan to keep it that way. That’s why the next steps we take together are critical.
As Colorado transitions from a “Stay-at-Home” order to a “Safer-at-Home” phase, PeakMed wants to provide members with guidance on visiting our clinics and staying healthy. While technology has brought thousands of PeakMed members together with their physicians during this unpreceded time, access to our clinics is essential for our members with chronic illness and those seeking follow-ups or wellness exams.
For the health, safety, and wellbeing of our clinical operations, we ask all members to review important guidelines and recommendations below.
- Appointment Scheduling
PeakMed physicians ask all members to contact your LifeCenter medical assistant for appointment scheduling. In-person clinic appointments will need to be approved by your doctor to ensure the health and safety of all parties while we transition back to clinical operations. Please be patient with your healthcare team as they work to triage and communicate the unique needs of every member while ensuring a safe environment for everyone–especially members that may be more susceptible to the virus.
- Clinic Visit Guidelines
Our providers and staff ask all members to adhere to the following COVID-19 clinical guidelines prior to and during your visit:
- Call ahead for appointments.
- Notify the clinic if you have any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your visit.
- We ask that you please wear a personal face mask before entering the clinic to help prevent the spread of illness.
- If you have a scheduled clinic appointment, we would like you to consider only bringing children or family members if absolutely necessary to limit potential exposure.
- COVID-19 Return to Work Guidelines
PeakMed has established clear guidelines for employees and employers seeking return-to-work guidance and testing. If you require work-related COVID-19 testing, contact your local LifeCenter or (844) 673-2563. It is important to note, while PeakMed can make a medical recommendation to an employee or employer, it is up to the person or employer to adhere to our clinical guidance.
Protect Our Business Owners
Useful Tips for Shopping and Outings
Adjusting to a “new normal” means supporting our local businesses. We can all do our part by protecting our workforce and local business owners by following these important safety steps:
- You should not enter a business if you feel sick, have a fever, or exhibit any possible symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask when visiting your local business to protect the employees and other patrons.
- Limit shopping outings to a few members of the family when possible.
- Pay attention to marked standing areas and adhere to business occupancy limits.
- Due to occupancy limits at some businesses, keep your shopping time to a minimum so they can serve other patrons.
For more information and additional resources on the latest COVID-19 public health recommendations, visit The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Thank you for your continued support!
The PeakMed Team