William J. Garden, MBA, Chief Financial Officer
Over twenty-five years of business experience combined with healthcare development and operations expertise enable Mr Garden to provide a unique perspective on the business of healthcare. He envisions, develops and delivers innovative strategic healthcare solutions including combined Emergency-Urgent Care Centers, actionable business intelligence systems, and integrated ambulatory healthcare campuses. During his career, Mr. Garden has led a wide range of efforts both inside and outside the established system and has negotiated multiple partnerships with health care systems. He has managed the operations of many healthcare entities, from physician practices to specialty solutions, including a neuroscience institute, pain management center, and hyperbaric wound care center. In total over the past 15 years, Mr Garden has led over $500M in new and innovative healthcare development efforts.
Prior to his current role, Mr. Garden held other senior leadership roles in healthcare, including:
- CFO and SVP of Strategy for The Larkin Group, a healthcare holding company that includes PhysiciansER free standing emergency centers, emergency physician and hospitalist staffing management companies, and revenue cycle services
- Founding Member of the Board of Directors for a joint venture with Centura Health leading the development and operation of combined emergency-urgent care centers throughout Colorado
- Senior Management Team member supporting the startup of Tandem Hospital Partners, an innovative new developer/operator of freestanding micro hospitals
- VP of New Ventures for Emergency Service Partners, the largest emergency medicine partnership in Texas. Responsible for developing and implementing ESP’s freestanding ED and Telemedicine strategies
- Executive Director of the CHRISTUS St Vincent Medical Group – a large, multi-specialty hospital-owned physician practice with 100 providers covering 17 specialties across 20 clinic locations
- CEO of Central Wyoming Neurosurgery, where he led the turnaround and subsequently grew CWN into the leading neurosurgical clinic in the Rocky Mountain region. While there, he also established and developed the Mountain View Regional Hospital – a multi-specialty surgical hospital and winner of the prestigious Mountain Pacific Quality Health Award
- Founder and CEO of Central Wyoming Imaging, a state-of-the-art independent diagnostic and testing facility with MRI, CT, X-ray, and pain management (including Fluoroscopy)
- Founder and CEO of Urgent Care NOW, a provider of urgent care and occupational medicine services in Central Wyoming
Mr. Garden currently holds the title of CFO where he focuses his efforts on opportunities to disrupt and innovate in the healthcare space, including lower cost episodic care options.
Prior to entering the healthcare space, Mr Garden was a Management Consultant with Deloitte Consulting, a successful Entrepreneur in software and real estate, and a Rocket Scientist specializing in the design and development of solid rocket propulsion systems for the Strategic Defense Initiative, commonly known as the “Star Wars” program.
Mr. Garden earned an MBA with honors from Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management and a Bachelor in Science in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering from Purdue University.